Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG)
The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) program was established by the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act, and amended by the American Rescue Plan Act. The program includes over $16 billion in grants to shuttered venues, to be administered by SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance. As of April 26 at 12:00 PM Eastern, the portal was accepting applications.
May 26, 2021 Update
On May 26, the SBA began sending notices of award to approved Shuttered Venues Operators Grant applicants and will ramp up the rate of notifications in the coming days. As the review process is manual, the SBA’s team continues to work through the more than 13,000 SVOG applications received and coordinate verification with other federal agencies to mitigate fraud and follow federal grant rules and regulations.
If you have not applied yet, there are still funds available!
Tech Tips from the SBA
(Update as of May 3, 2021 at 7:53 PM)
- If you have only one bank account in your SAM.gov registration, your Electronic Funds Transfer Indicator is 0000 (FAQ #53 under Application).
- If you want to remove an uploaded file, try uploading a new file to replace the file you wish to delete.
- If you’re seeing a zero-grant amount in the calculator, that could be because of an invalid start date, an offsetting PPP loan amount, or an insufficient revenue loss.
- If you email the SVOG Support Center, you may receive an email back from a zendesk.com account. This is an authorized SBA contractor.
- You do not need to complete a physical SF-424B document because the information required is captured when you register for SAM.gov.
- For technical support with the SVOG portal, password resets, or help with authenticator apps, contact 1-800-659-2955 or 1-800-877-8339 (TTY).
For those who have submitted their applications, the SBA anticipates SVOGs awards will start in late May, so continue monitoring the email account associated with your application. All application status changes will be communicated through email.
As reminder, per federal grant program guidelines that require the same and equal information be provided to each applicant, SBA’s team members are limited on responses they can provide to applicants, including specific questions regarding SVOG eligibility, potential grant amount, and other detailed information.
Who Can Apply
Eligible entities include:
- Live venue operators or promoters
- Theatrical producers
- Live performing arts organization operators
- Relevant museum operators, zoos and aquariums who meet specific criteria
- Motion picture theater operators
- Talent representatives
- Each business entity owned by an eligible entity that also meets the eligibility requirements
Other requirements of note:
- Must have been in operation as of February 29, 2020
- Venue or promoter who received a PPP loan on or after December 27, 2020, will have the SVOG reduced by the PPP loan amount