Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) Resources & Information
The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) program was established by the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act, and amended by the American Rescue Plan Act. The program includes over $16 billion in grants to shuttered venues, to be administered by SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance.
*Update from the SBA as of April 8, 2021 at 10 PM*
When the SBA launched the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) application portal today, some technical issues occurred, despite multiple successful tests. After working with our vendors to address them as quickly as possible, the SBA temporarily suspended the portal and will re-open it as soon as possible to ensure all applicants have fair and equal access.
We are working closely with the SVOG application portal vendors to re-open as soon as possible. You can still register in the portal and we will share updates as they come available. We will also share an exact time and date prior to the re-opening of the SVOG application portal.
Who Can Apply
Eligible entities include:
- Live venue operators or promoters
- Theatrical producers
- Live performing arts organization operators
- Relevant museum operators, zoos and aquariums who meet specific criteria
- Motion picture theater operators
- Talent representatives
- Each business entity owned by an eligible entity that also meets the eligibility requirements
Other requirements of note:
- Must have been in operation as of February 29, 2020
- Venue or promoter who received a PPP loan on or after December 27, 2020, will have the SVOG reduced by the PPP loan amount